The Shaman's Journey
November 4, 2017
DO YOU WISH FOR GUIDANCE AND HEALING TO BE AVAILABLE WHENEVER YOU NEED IT?
IF SO, YOU may consider learning THE PRACTICE OF SHAMANIc JOURNEYING!
For thousands of years, shamans around the world have journeyed to other levels of reality gaining access to information that may seem quite extraordinary about how to treat and prevent illness, avoid negative situations, clear family issues, plan for our future, and more.
You do not have to be a working shaman to access this information as everybody may learn this practice and apply it to daily life. Once you have learned the core skills, the practice is alive within you – available whenever you need it.
This leads to a feeling of personal empowerment and helps you better fulfill your role within your family and community.
in the class we cover:
- Opening sacred space for shamanic work
- The cosmology of the worlds from a shamanic perspective: lower, middle and upper worlds
- Locating your sacred garden
- Working with the elements
- How to reach a shamanic state of consciousness, so you may journey to the invisible realms
- The use of a rattle and / or drum to reach theta brain waves for journeying
- Meeting your guardian advocate / power animal / totem
- Meeting a spirit teacher
- Learning to develop relationships with your compassionate helpers
- How to do a divination journey for another
- How to retrieve a power animal for another
- An ancient divination ceremony with fire
- How to set an altar for focused intention and ceremony
- The nature of illness from a shamanic perspective
- Healing ceremony
The Shaman's Journey course is based on Sandra Ingerman work on core shamanism. It is, therefore, helpful to read Ingerman's book: Shamanic Journeying: A Beginner's Guide. This book will serve as preparation and as follow-up resource for you.
What to bring?
- Your curiosity and imagination
- A notebook and pen to record your journey
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Pillow and blanket for your comfort
- Small item for the altar to receive blessings if you choose (if you bring an item on behalf of another, please ensure you have their permission!)
Snacks and tea are provided. Bring your own lunch.
Minimum of 10 participants to run this class.
This class is a pre-requisite for any further shamanic training.
COST: $175 plus GST =183.75 in total
ADDRESS: Will be provided upon registration
WHAT PARTICIPANTS ARE SAYING:
" The experience is still seeping in ... very intriguing and healing! You so graciously and clearly helped guide us to places of our own power - it felt very empowering and gently taught. I'm looking forward to future journeys!"
"As the 'Shaman's Journey' workshop leader, Sony has a wonderful balance of humour, gravitas, enthusiasm, wisdom and also the ability to let go and inspire everyone to explore for themselves. I always admire the beautiful way she phrases her thoughts into words. As a counsellor and teacher she has a way of expressing herself in a way that is very succinct, direct and incredibly love-full and gentle. I admire who she calmly and gently keeps the workshop focused on the essentials we needed to learn and didn't get sidetracked into anyone else's energies."